“JIM BEAM WIN $100K – ON PACK” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Beam Suntory Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 85 003 953 357) of Level 18, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Retailers (as defined below) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Promotion commences on 00:01am AEST 01/10/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 31/01/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- purchase any specially marked Jim Beam product(s) from a participating retailer during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). Participating retailers will be any off-premise retailer that displays material featuring this promotion (each a “Participating Retailer”);
- visit jimbeampromotions.com.au/mates and follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the request details into the online entry form, including their full name, age, state, telephone number;
- select the Participating Store where they made their Qualifying Purchase from the drop-down menu provided;
- when prompted, upload a scanned copy of their purchase receipt clearly showing the Participating Store and that a Qualifying Purchase was made; and then
- submit the fully completed online entry form so that it is received during the Promotional Period.
- Upon submitting their online entry form, individuals will be entered into the relevant Daily Draw and the Major Draw (as outlined below).
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Purchase (regardless of the number of specially marked Jim Beam product/s in that transaction in excess of one (1)); (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of one (1) entry is permitted per person per day.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each day of the Promotional Period, for a total of 123 draws (“Daily Draws”), and there will be one (1) draw conducted for all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Major Draw”). Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Daily Draw will open at 12am and close at 11.59pm each day based on NSW local time. Non-winning entries in each Daily Draw will be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s), and all entries (including the Daily Draw winners) will be entered into the Major Draw.
- The Major Draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250. All Daily Draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade Cromer NSW 2099. Each Daily Draw will take place at 11:00am on the business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 02/10/2018 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 01/02/2019. The Major Draw will take place at 11:00am on 05/02/2019. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in NSW. All times are AEST or AEDST as the case requires. Anisimoff Legal and Handling Matters, on behalf of the Promoter, may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in the event an invalid or ineligible entry is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant draw and their name will be announced online at jimbeampromotions.com.au/mates. Winners of a Daily Draw will be announced online each Monday with the first publication taking place on 08/10/2018 and the last publication commencing on 04/02/2019. The winner of the Major Draw will be announced on 11/02/2019.
Daily Draw Prizes
- There will be a different number of winners drawn and prizes awarded in each Daily Draw during the Promotional Period. The number of winners and prizes awarded in each Daily Draw are outlined in the table below:
|Daily Draw||Number of Winners Drawn in each Daily Draw||Prizes||Prize Conditions (if any – see clause 17 below for conditions relating to voucher prizes)|
|1-6 01/10/2018 – 06/10/2018||16 (total 96 winners for this period)||The first eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher.|
|7 07/10/2018||17 (total 17 winners for this period)||The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Kentucky, USA valued at up to AUD$17,000. Prize includes:
||Travel prize conditions. The legal drinking age in the USA is 21 years of age. At least one traveller must be aged 21 years or over. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes) insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 31/01/2020 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended travel departure date. Prize availability cannot be guaranteed during Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods (e.g. Kentucky Derby race meet). The prize winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the prize winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The prize winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. The prize winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The prize winner and his/her travel companion must meet the eligibility requirements of the ESTA visa for entry into the USA and will be responsible for securing/obtaining their ESTA visa prior to their departure. Once the prize has been booked, changes are not permitted, unless otherwise authorised by the Promoter in its discretion, in which case a fee of $150 (including GST) will be incurred for any changes made. All prize suppliers (including the airline) will be chosen at the discretion of the Promoter’s prize agency (33 Degrees Worldwide Pty Ltd).|
|8 – 62 08/10/2018 – 01/12/2018||16 (total 880 winners for this period)||The first eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
|63 02/12/2018||17 (total 17 winners for this period)||The first valid entry drawn will win a handcrafted bourbon bar valued at $16,500. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
|64 – 104 03/12/2018 – 12/01/2019||16 (total 656 winners for this period)||The first eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
|105 13/01/2019||17 (total 17 winners for this period)||The first valid entry drawn will win a 1 x handcrafted table and 4 x chairs valued at $11,000. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
|106 – 122 14/01/2019 – 30/01/2019||16 (total 272 winners for this period)||The first eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next eight (8) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
|123 31/01/2019||48 (total 48 winners for this period)||The first twenty four (24) valid entries drawn will each win a $175 Ticketek Voucher. The next twenty four (24) valid entries drawn will each win a $50 Jim Beam branded EFTPOS Gift Card.|
Major Draw Prize:The first valid entry drawn in the Major Draw will win $100,000 awarded by way of electronic funds transfer into the winner’s nominated account. General
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a voucher/gift card are not included. Any unused balance of a voucher/gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a voucher/gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher/gift card/movie ticket. Conditions for Ticktek vouchers can be found at http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GIFTSTC08.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at nhmrc.gov.au.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$373,934.95Prizes (or any unused portion of a prize) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- If for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time specified by the Promoter then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 06/05/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw for that unclaimed prize, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner (if one is required) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be announced online at jimbeampromotions.com.au/mates from 20/05/2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.